Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This week in sewing:

Sunday, I traveled to Clementine's Dry Goods in Franklin, IN. It's about an hour from Bloomington, all state roads, which makes for slow and scenic travel. Driving on IN 44, I had the distinct feeling of being in the Midwest. It was very Wizard of Oz. The cornstalks were tall and wild-looking, which isn't something you really see in a college town like mine.

Clementine's is a small shop but nicely curated. It's half fabric and half yarn. I left wishing I'd figured out how to cast on. The loot:


The quilt shop where I work is closed Mondays, but I went into work anyway to help prepare for a 50-person bus trip we are hosting next week. So much to do! The trip is organized by a quilt guild out of Terre Haute, I think. We made a lot of kits, and cut more fat quarters, and rearranged the store, which happens all the time anyway.

Tuesday after work, I finished sewing the Mary Go 'Round dress as a sample for the shop to display. It's so quick to make, and it's reversible! What more can you ask when it comes to kids' apparel?




And today I brought home the new Zakka Sewing book, which is so exciting. I've had an interest in sewing storage cubes of all sizes, and this book has a pattern that uses a different approach to construction. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for the post. I love to see your work!

    ReplyDelete

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails