Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bloomington Handmade Market roundup

Hello all!  We survived the Bloomington Handmade Market, but barely!  Half of the caravan (myself and Elvie) had a serious case of the sniffles, so there were two babies on the trip instead of just one.  We had a gigantic table for our booth, which was exciting after trying to cram Owlette into a 4' space at the Indie Craft Parade.  Lesson learned.


You know, I am always amazed and humbled by the positive response we receive at shows like these.  I suppose when you spend all your time romancing a sewing machine, it's hard to know whether your work is a niche within a niche, or if it has mass appeal.  Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth, awww!'ed the bonnets, and supported us with kind words or dollars!


Some favorite vendors from Bloomington:
  • Orange Fuzz, my new favorite soapmakers!  Check out their shaving kit.  I bought one as a Christmas gift for my other half, but was so excited about it I gave it to him yesterday!  Oops.
  • Clutches and other pretties from Felix & Jayne: her bags are made of vinyl with big, bright zippers, screenprints, and couched yarn!  You really must have a look.
  • Beautiful (and affordable) metal jewelry from Courtney Fischer, whose work reminds me why I love abandoned buildings and metal scrapyards so much.
  • And of course, Panther By Hand: for those who love colorful unders for grown-ups and breakfast imagery for their home!
We also had a chance to visit Paper Crane Gallery.  It's part art gallery, part handmade boutique (I have an aversion to that word but heck), part community workspace/resource.  When in Bloomington, be sure to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Britt, I enjoyed looking at your work and reading your blog. I did the reverse of you---I'm from Indianapolis originally, and moved to Bend, Oregon (about three hours southeast of PDX), three years ago. It's fun to read about indie crafting in the midwest!

    ReplyDelete

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails