Monday, November 1, 2010

forgive the wallpaper, just focus on the pants

Okay, I swear this blog is not turning into a vintage kid's style blog.  That said, behold!  I love this photo of my aunts, taken in the 1950s sometime, for several reasons:

1. The wallpaper, eeeew!
2. The suspenders!  And most of all...
3. The probably handmade pants, with topstitching, and matching contrast cuffs!


The cuffs are especially great, because they allow the pants to grow with the child.  This week, Jessica and I will be drafting a child's pant pattern inspired, in part, by this photo.  It will be my first hands-on experience with flat pattern drafting and I am thrilled to learn!  

Recently I bought this book and recommend it to those who are interested in a contemporary, technical-but-not-textbook introduction to pattern drafting.  Do you have any resources to share?

2 comments:

  1. Those pants are awesome. And that wallpaper is probably hiding underneath a few coats of paint by now, waiting to frighten the next home improver who wants to demo the wall for something. haha. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage photo!
    I'm following from the Etsy forum. I would love it if you followed back. : )

    -Felicity
    http://felicitylingle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails