Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Flora & Fauna

Things have been a bit quiet around here, but not for lack of activity!  I've been spending long hours at the sewing machine getting Owlette ready for spring craft shows.  I am really excited about our new series of screenprinted goods, called Flora & Fauna:


Little Acorn Bonnets

Last week I was in Nashville with my beloved business partner, Jessica, screenprinting our little hearts out.  The kind folks at Friendly Arctic Printing allowed us to use their very professional setup, which made for my first successful experience with screenprinting.  Hooray for that!

I intended to photograph the process, but didn't break out my camera at the right time.  Perhaps next time!  It's really neat to watch.

Bee is for Bloomers!

We printed some bloomers with bees and some with octopus.  (Octopi?  Not pictured, anyhow.)  I happen to really love the bee, but the... er, cephalopod, is pretty classic and gender-neutral.


We redesigned our bloomers to be smaller and more underwear-style, so they fit more like shorts or diaper covers for the summer months.


Our next craft show is this weekend so I must get back to sewing.  You can find us at Crafty Feast, part of the Indie Grits Film Festival in Columbia SC!  If you're in the area, please stop by our tent and say hello.  It's going to be a lot of fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails