Thursday, July 14, 2011

migratory birds

Pictured below are some of my favorite fabrics.  They are so beloved that in most cases, I have kept them for years, untouched, in my fabric stash.  My favorite color (and the lion's share of my fabric collection) is bright golden yellow, and I've amassed a decent chunk of that weird chartreusey-citron color that was everywhere last year.


I finally decided to stop being a crazy person and just USE these, all together, in one quilt.  So!  Thus far, I've pulled these lovelies for use in a throw-sized flying geese quilt.  For the background of the geese, I wanted to use a saturated blue, like the flowers in the central Heather Bailey print.  Not surprisingly, it's almost impossible to match!  After searching several different shops, I went to one outside of Nashville with a huge selection of Kaffe Fassett shot cottons and behold:


The perfect blue!  (For reference, this one is called Spruce.  I think.)  I often turn to shot cottons when trying to match weird colors.  I think their different warp and weft colors give them a chamelion-like versatility.

So, here it is: the start of a new quilt!  It's been far too long.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE shot cottons. This is going to be one sweet quilt! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be very pretty I think:) The Kaffe solid is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! This is one project I intend to FINISH, and will post more when I do!! I'm already thinking about the quilting...

    ReplyDelete

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails