Saturday, April 13, 2013

on the bus

Last week, I demonstrated how to print yardage at my school's Celebration of Craft. Here's one chunk of fabric I ended up with:


The buses are screenprinted, and the triangles are block printed. I used fiber-reactive dyes on cotton, and intend to overdye this piece once it's been steamed and washed out.


A highlight of the day was when a very excited kid, maybe 7 years old, asked how I got all the triangles to look the same. I showed him my block, and printed it for him. He asked to try it, so I gave him a pair of gloves and he chose where and in which direction the triangles would point.



I forgot how much fun, and how time consuming it is, to block print yardage! I should carve bigger blocks...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails